We are seeking for Internship, Physio-, Cranui Sacral Therapist from May to end of October. Dolphin Trainer all year around
Applications for employment / apprenticeship / internship
Interns and volunteers within our therapy department: Get the opportunity to get to know our work and support our team of therapists, dolphin trainers and work closely with our patients and their families to expand their knowledge for their studies or work. Must be willing to commit to three months within the time period May – end of October , must be flexible and hard-working.
Qualifications: Good English and knowledge of other foreign language(s). Suitable interns for the therapy department: Therapists with work experience or medical/therapy students who have completed at least 3 semesters.
Experienced therapists can apply for employment consisting of 6 months/year with free accommodation and food
Desired: Experienced Physical/Cranio Sacral/children therapists with completed apprenticeship.
Experienced dolphin trainer for year-round with free accommodation and food
Applicants for dolphin trainer or veterinary training with professional experience may apply for part or whole-year training, with training charges, for the purpose of dolphin or research studies.
Please apply for internship only online via our application form.
Apply for internship now!
Onmega Dolphin Park is looking for new trainers to join our team. We are seeking for a person capable to perform in swim interactions and assisted therapies with dolphins, with the best attitude to learn and dedicated to work with joy and passion to be guided in to our training system.
Our goal is to provide a healthy and enriching environment for our dolphins, to use advanced operant condition techniques based on trust and satisfaction of our animals and to educate the public about marine mammals and their environment.
- Area cleaning.
- Diets preparation.
- Animal behavior observation and record keeping and for the enrichment program.
- Active participation in: handling and training, medical procedures, interactive swim programs and assisted therapy sessions for handicapped, educational talks.
- Assist other team members with their animal related goals and challenges.
- Proper public speaking.
- Diving and underwater maintenance
- Be punctual and maintain personal presentation standards
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Correct interpretation of animal behavior like:
- Develop critical thinking skills to troubleshoot complex behavioral issues.
- Recognize social compatibilities and manage dolphins accordingly to enhance optimum responses.
- Identify enrichment needs, appropriate uses and schedules.
- Communication and team work skills are indispensable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to walk, run, swim, dive, bend and stand up
- Be able to work in and around salt water
- Able to lift 20kgs (50pounds)
- Be willing to work under different extreme weather and environmental conditions and under unfixed flexible hours, day, night, holidays and weekends indistinctly
- Ability to speak and write in English (Spanish will be well considered as well)
- Computer skills.
- Be willing to work in a group environment with multicultural characteristics and to respect cultural and ideological differences.
- High school diploma or equivalent will be evaluated.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the care and training of marine mammals
- Previous experience working in a dolphin interactive programs
- SCUBA certified
Get in touch
Apply by E-Mail (only for trainer)